Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I THINK IT TASTES LIKE DIRT

Yesterday, my boss's assistant asked me where I suggested we should go eat our team dinner that night? The assistant emphasized the restaurant should be healthy. Of course, with my current situation, my immediate thought was Real Food Daily!

I quickly scanned through the restaurant menu and noticed they had some gluten free items. This is a REAL treat from my two days of eating a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner.  

Once I arrived at Real Food Daily, I mentioned to the waitress that I wasn't eating wheat. It was no surprise when she happily said "I am gluten free too!" I mean of course this place would have gluten free, vegan friendly, tofu lovers working here. Who am I kidding? 

For my entree, I decided to really soak up what Real Food Daily has to offer. I ordered the "Pizza Ya Can Eat-Za" (aka a fake pizza). The entree is wheat, gluten & yeast free with herb corn meal crust, sun-dried tomato pesto, tomatoes, spinach, basil, melted cashew and mozzarella cheeses, sauteed daily greens & cannelini beans. 

"Was it good?" my co-worker asked me. 

I paused for a second and the only sentence that came out of my mouth was "It kinda tastes like dirt." I took another bite... then told myself "the pizza toppings are delicious, but what's up with this weird aftertaste of the herb corn meal crust?" It was odd and definitely didn't taste like a real pizza. I was pretty disappointed with the result, despite the fact that I ate the entire faux pizza. I don't know if I will ever order it again. 

-ThatChineseGurl


No comments:

Post a Comment